UHC issues addressed in Burkina Faso
- Enable vulnerable groups to have access to health services through the Universal Social Health Insurance Scheme (RAMU);
- Have contracts signed between the National Fund for Universal Health Insurance (CNAMU) and the delegated management bodies;
- Strengthen resilience to COVID-19.
Collective Action Initiatives
- Identified and enrolled vulnerable groups;
- Involved key stakeholders in the development of the country’s UHC network, including NGOs (ASMADE, APIL and RAMS) and mutual health organisations;
- Secured NGO participation in the transparency and equity mechanism for access to free healthcare;
- Consulted with actors coordinating and implementing UHC interventions;
- Mobilised national support to combat COVID-19, including public and private companies, legal firms and others;
- Created a national guidance council for AMU, including an AMU deployment strategy;
- Implemented a One Health platform;
- Harmonised funding to avoid gaps;
Take a look.