UHC issues addressed in Cameroon
- Raise awareness amongst central and regional stakeholders of the UHC strategy and its implementation, starting with the elimination of HIV/AIDS user fees for People Living with HIV/AIDS ( PLHAs)
- Analyse the medium-term impacts of COVID-19 on household well-being and the health system, plus provide communication support to reduce COVID’s spread.
Collective Action Initiatives
- Created sub-thematic UHC groups
- Created a special commission for UHC partnership contracts, with the decree for this signed by the Prime Minister;
- Established a multi-sectoral contract analysis commission.
- Signed a public-private partnership (PPP) contract for the implementation of UHC in Cameroon
- Validated and adopted the strategic development frameworks for UHC and started awareness-raising activities in 8 regions.