UHC issues addressed in Chad
- Implementation of National UHC strategy, focusing on the reduction of financial risks for the poor.
- Official adoption of the document specifying the terms of the health insurance scheme (“Document d’orientation du Dispositif d’Assurance Santé au Tchad”) by the High inter-ministerial Committee.
Collective Action Initiatives at end of L4UHC programme (mid-2017)
- Relevant orientation document was officially adopted (start of a process necessary for implementing UHC): The National UHC strategy action plan for the implementation of the UHC strategy.
Progress made since the programme finished
- Implementation of the orientation document (“Dispositif”) was a wish of the team for follow-up (not yet realized).
- Work and action plans elaborated but not yet implemented.
- Some activities realized despite lack of funds:
- Further elaboration of the “Dispositif” and validation by the technical follow-up committee.
- Communication with Parliament, Prime Minister’s Office and Finance Ministry.
- Information and sensitization of different ministries involved in the implementation of UHC.
- Elaboration of project on the Law for Health Insurance.
- Elaboration of the basket benefit of the NHIS