UHC issues addressed in Madagacar
- Operationalize a National Insurance fund.
- Mobilize resources
Collective Action Initiatives at end of L4UHC programme (mid-2017)
- Decree establishing, organizing and operationalizing the National Insurance Fund adopted by the Council of Ministers after concerted lobbying effort around the Head of State by team members.
- A legal framework to operationalize UHC in Madagascar was established.
Progress made since the programme finished
- The national Health Insurance (la Caisse Nationale d’assurance santé) was established and its’ Director General was appointed (a former member of the local P4H group from regional WHO in Madagascar).
- The different national directorates have been set up.
- A meeting with local operators for a research on innovative financing to manage UHC in Madagascar has been finalized.
- A meeting between the local leadership team and the UHC Head Office has taken place to exchange information.