UHC issues addressed in Côte d’Ivoire
- Setting up a coalition to communicate on UHC and increase responsibility and accountability for UHC by all stakeholders.
Collective Action Initiatives at end of L4UHC programme (mid-2017)
- Meetings of relevant stakeholders took place.
- Sensitization of relevant stakeholders (free medical practitioners).
- Agreement on information sharing and cooperation with the Caisse Nationale d’Assurance Maladie (CNAM).
Progress made since the programme finished
- The key stakeholders have been sensitized and mobilized.
- The minister of health has requested an L4UHC follow-up, now including all the key stakeholders. This will take place in October 2018.
- The team is working together on the extension of the Health Insurance (NHI) in a technical group. They are working on service coverage, NHI and health financing components to achieve UHC.
- A large coalition for UHC was formed, also including additional development partners like the “3 Gs” (Gavi, GFATM, GFF).Key actors in the informal sector being identified to be integrated in the process.
- Study on financing potential of UHC being conducted.